Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Self Portraits

For our Self-Portrait project we were to take three self-portraits. They were all to be in black and white, and they were all to capture a mood of some sort. We were also challenged to be as artistic as possible, and stay as far away from normal, cliche portraits that we see on personal pages etc. as possible.One had to use the rule of thirds as the base for the composition; One had to incorporate leading lines, and one had to be taken from a more extreme angle.

For the Self Portrait pictures i had many difficulties taking the pictures. For the rule of thirds photo i really wanted to make me stand out a little more. I really thought it was going to be easy but it was harder than i thought. For my leading lines i did exactly what i wanted to do. Last but not least my extreme angles photo was the middle picture. It wasn't too hard but it wasn't too easy. The portrait i like most is my leading lines portrait. I think that since the building is so big and I'm so small it makes it look better. Next time i take portraits I'm probably going to spend more time on each picture and put more thought in to it other than just taking whatever picture i can take. Overall i feel like i did well. It wasn't the best i can do but then again it wasn't bad.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Your portfolio looks excellent. I am a little concerned because I didn't get your last 3 posts emailed to me-- I am wondering why. Lets check on that.